Monday, October 15, 2007

'72 Dolphins in Trouble?

The most talked about issue in the sports world today revolves around the greatness of the New England Patriots. And while you are probably tired of it, I know I am, you had better get used to it because as much as it pains me to say this, the Patriots are 6-0 and there is no end in sight to their winning streak. They have now won 11 of their last 12 games dating back to last year, with the lone loss coming in the AFC Championship game where they blew an 18 point second half lead. Now understand that I'm not proclaiming they are going undefeated, but what I am saying is the odds of them going undefeated are greater then them losing a game. Nine games remain and six of them (Miami x2, Buffalo, Jets, Philadelphia, and Baltimore) are almost sure victories, and you can pretty much add their home game against Washington to that list as well simply because Jason Campbell has never faced Bill Belicheck and that almost certainly spells disaster. That leaves an AFC Championship rematch in Indianapolis and a home visit from the Steelers as the only two real threats left on the Patriots schedule. I give them the edge against Pittsburgh because the game is at home and the Steelers likely won't have enough weapons to match New England's fire power. The Colts are the last team standing here and I honestly can't predict what will happen because it's such a great rivalry and the games have been down to the wire and unpredictable. Here's a warning for Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning: I wouldn't suggest falling behind by 18 this time because Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell won't be dropping wide-open game clinching touchdowns in the 4th quarter this time around. If the Pats leave Indiana at 9-0, and the team stays healthy they more than likely will join the Dolphins as the only team to run the table in the regular season.

Until next time,
DTM

3 comments:

Moulton said...

I say my prayers every night for the Pats to lose, or at least have Tom Brady break a leg, or get cancer or something. Brady pisses me off! GO DALLAS! GO ROMO! hahahaha

kgballa said...

I couldnt agree more with that and i would like to say that the phins have a chance to be one franchise to go defeated and undefeated which right there would be something cool to see happen but there is always the classic show down of the bills vs the phins so we will have to wait and see


Kevin is the man

Moulton said...

Moulton and KG are both reading and posting to your blog, I can't really see much more reason why this should not keep going!